System (network) abuse is strictly prohibited. Bhosting Solutions in its sole discretion may terminate or modify service immediately and may bill you for any resulting support charges if you or someone who uses your Bhosting Solutions service engages in system abuse. Following is a list of actions, which are defined to be system abuse. This list is non-exclusive; any action about which there is any doubt should be referred to Network Abuse for evaluation.
Actions which constitute abuse include, but are not limited to:
- Attempting to circumvent user authentication or security of any host, network, or account on Bhosting Solutions systems or the Internet at large.
- Attempting, in any way, to restrict, inhibit, interfere with, or degrade or deny service to any user, any host or any server on the Internet.
- Falsifying, altering, or removing message headers.
- Violating the regulations, rules or policies applicable to any network, server, computer database, or web site that you access.
- Unauthorized port scanning. Using or distributing devices used for compromising security, such as password gatherers or password guessing programs, decoders, encryption circumvention devices, packet sniffers, unauthorized keystroke loggers, analyzers, cracking tools, or Trojan Horse programs.
- Posting inappropriate messages to USENET newsgroups, e.g., posting large numbers of unsolicited posts indiscriminately or posting encoded binary files to USENET newsgroups not specifically named for that purpose.
- Attempting to cancel, supersede, or otherwise interfere with email or USENET posts other than one’s own.
- Engaging in harassment, whether through language, frequency, or size of messages. Using an account at another service provider to promote a Bhosting Solutions web site in an abusive manner.
- Using a Bhosting Solutions account or network connection to collect replies to messages sent from another provider which violate these rules or those of that provider or to participate in an illegal scheme.
- Reselling Bhosting Solutions services to third parties who do not abide by these guidelines.
- Using Bhosting Solutions system or equipment in support of activities that would, if conducted on Bhosting Solutions system, violate Bhosting Solutions Network Abuse Policies.
- Making any entry into Bhosting Solutions websites or system to extract data is unauthorized and prohibited, unless it relates directly to evaluating or using Bhosting Solutions commercial or residential services.
- Accessing any other person’s computer or computer system, network, software, or data without his or her knowledge and consent.
- Automated or manual generation of network traffic to simulate hits to blogs or other web-sites for reasons other than the good-faith intention of an Internet user to visit a web site to purchase goods or services or to obtain information, or with the intent to promote an unrelated web site. Examples: Click Fraud, Referrer Log Spamming, web-based comment spam.
- Damage to any Bhosting Solutions equipment in the customer’s possession will void the warranty on that piece of equipment and the customer will be responsible for paying for any resulting repairs or replacements.
- Excessive bandwidth usage; defined as using more than 75% of the maximum allowed bandwidth for more than 72 hours in any month. If a customer’s use of the service is found to be excessive, Bhosting Solutions may, in its sole discretion, place additional restrictions on the customer’s service, and suggest an upgrade of the customer’s service plan.
- Using any telephony devices connected to the integrated telephone ports on the customer’s network which do not comply with FCC standards for operation on Nigeria telephone networks. Use of telephony equipment not designed for Nigeria telephone networks is expressly forbidden. Customer will be responsible for paying for any resulting repairs or other losses resulting from non-conforming equipment.
- Storing any material or content on, or disseminate any material or content over, Bhosting Solutions system in any manner that constitutes an infringement of third-party intellectual property rights, including rights granted by Nigeria copyright law. Owners of copyrighted works who believe that their rights under Nigeria copyright law have been infringed may take advantage of certain provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) to report alleged infringements. It is Bhosting Solutions policy in accordance with the DMCA and other applicable laws to reserve the right to terminate service provided to any customer or user who is either found to infringe third party copyright or other intellectual property rights, or who One Server Hosting, in its sole discretion, believes is infringing these rights. Bhosting Solutions may terminate service at any time with or without notice for any affected customer or user.
- Configuring the Bhosting Solutions service or any related equipment to access or use a static IP address or use any protocol other than dynamic host configuration protocol unless you have a Bhosting Solutions service plan that expressly permits you to do so.
- Engaging in any activity which Bhosting Solutions believes, in its sole judgment, to be in support of spamming or bulk e-mail activities, including forwarding or posting “chain letters” (multiple forwarding) of any type.
Transmission of Unsolicited Bulk E-Mail
Bhosting Solutions does not authorize the use of its computer network to accept, transmit or distribute unsolicited bulk e-mail sent from the Internet to its customers. Bhosting Solutions does not authorize the harvesting or collection of screen names from its equipment or customers for the purpose of sending unsolicited bulk e-mail. Bhosting Solutions reserves the right to take all legal and technical steps available to prevent unsolicited bulk e-mail or other unauthorized e-mail from entering, utilizing or remaining within the Bhosting Solutions system. Unauthorized use of the Bhosting Solutions system in connection with the transmission of unsolicited bulk e-mail or counterfeit or misleading e-mail may result in substantial civil penalties against the sender, including those provided by Nigeria Commercial Electronic Mail and Computer Fraud and Abuse laws.
Terms & Conditions
Change in Pricing
Prices are subject to review from time to time with or without notice. The prices take effect from the date posted on our website.
Full payment must be made prior to the expiry of your hosting service. If renewal for the service is made post expiry the service will still count from the date of expiry and not the date of renewal. If the account is not renewed up to 3 months post expiry, the account will be deleted.
We take a zero-tolerance stance against the sending of unsolicited e-mail, bulk emailing, and spam. “Safe lists,” purchased lists, and selling of lists will be treated as spam. We may terminate the account of any User who sends out spam with or without notice.
ACCEPTABLE USAGE POLICY
21.1. You shall use Bhosting’s services only for lawful purposes. Transmission, storage, or presentation of any information, data, or material in violation of the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria or the United States is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: copyrighted material, material that is threatening or obscene, or material protected by trade secrets or other statutes. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Bhosting from any claims resulting from the use of the service which damages you or any other party.
21.2. Bhosting reserves the right to terminate Services without refund for any customer or End User activity that exposes it to legal liability or endangers its ability to provide services to other customers. The contents, links, or actions on any Services listed below are a violation of this Agreement. This is not an exhaustive list, but is designed to assist you in evaluating whether Bhosting is the appropriate service provider for you:
1. Pornography – Hosting, Distributing, or Linking to Pornography and adult related materials like enhancement pills etc.
2. Copyright Infringement – Hosting, Distributing, or Linking to Copyright Infringed Materials
3. CPU/Memory/Resource Abuse – Consuming Excessive Amount of Server Resources Causing Server Performance Issues
4. DoS Source – Source of Denial of Service Attack
5. DoS Target – Target of Denial of Service Attack
6. Forgery – Faking an IP Address, Hostname, E-Mail Address, or Header
7. Fraud Site – Hosting or Linking to a Website Intended to Deceive the Public
8. HYIP – Hosting or Linking to a High Yield Investment Program Website
9. Identity Theft – Hosting, Distributing, or Linking to Stolen Account Identification Information
10. Infection – Hosting, Distributing, or Linking to Exploits, Trojans, Viruses, or Worms
11. IRC – Hosting Internet Relay Chat Server not authorized by Bhosting
12. Mass Storage – Storing Mass Amounts of Backups, Archives, Videos, etc.
13. Phishing – Identity Theft by Email Under False Pretense
14. Proxy Site – Hosting of or linking to an Anonymous Proxy Server
15. Spam Email – Unsolicited Commercial Email (UCE) or Unsolicited Bulk Email (UBE)
16. Spam List – Hosting, Distributing, or Linking to Email Address Lists for Spam
17. Spam Site – A Site Advertised by Spam Email or Spam Web
18. Spam Ware – Hosting, Distributing, or Linking to Software Designed for Spamming
19. Spam Web – Unsolicited, Bulk, or Forged Site Advertisement in Web Logs, Forums, or Guestbooks
20. Spamhaus – Spam Causing Blacklisting of an IP at www.spamhaus.org for Malicious Activity
21. Terrorist Site – Hosting or Linking to a Site Advocating Terrorism
22. Toolz – Hosting, Distributing, or Linking to Tools or Instructional Material on Hacking/Cracking or Other Illegal Activity
23. Trademark – Hosting, Distributing, or Linking to Trademark Infringed Materials
24. Warez – Hosting, Distributing, or Linking to Crackz, Hackz, KeyGenz, Serialz, or Pirated Software
25. Any other material Bhosting judges to be threatening or obscene.
CPU, Bandwidth and Disk Usage
Permitted CPU and Disk Usage.
(i) Shared hosting space may only be used for web files, active email and content of User Websites. Shared hosting space may not be used for storage (whether of media, emails, or other data), including, as offsite storage of electronic files, email or FTP hosts. Bhosting expressly reserves the right to review every shared account for excessive usage of CPU, disk space and other resources that may be caused by a violation of this Agreement.
(ii) Bhosting may, in our sole discretion, suspend, terminate access to the Services, apply additional fees for cleaning up the account, or remove or delete User Content for those accounts that are found to be in violation of Bhosting’s terms and conditions.
(iii) Dedicated and VPS usage is limited by the resources allocated to the specific plan that you have purchased.
(i) Shared servers are limited in their monthly bandwidth allowance. Once an account exceeds its bandwidth usage, the account will be suspended without notice. On payment for upgrade, the account will be unsuspended however, without payment for the upgrade the account will remain unsuspended, to be deleted 3 months after suspension.
(ii) If an account is unsuspended, the term will continue to run from the date of suspension. For example, an account is suspended in March to expire in June, if the account is unsuspended in June, it would have expired and the account should be renewed for another term of one year.
Bhosting is not responsible for back-up of files and databases residing on our servers. You are solely responsible for independent back-up of data you store on our servers.
While we provide backup on some of our servers. it is expected that you have an independent back-up of your data should any system failure occur
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Bhosting harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, liabilities related to or arising out of the services provided by Bhosting under this Agreement, including without limitation, claims made by third parties, liability claims for content uploaded by you, claims due to disruption or malfunction of services provided hereunder.
Reseller Terms and Client Responsibility
Resellers shall ensure that each of their clients complies with this Agreement. Resellers are responsible for supporting their clients. Bhosting does not provide support to clients of Bhosting’s resellers. If a reseller’s client contacts Bhosting, Bhosting reserves the right to place a reseller client account on hold until the reseller can assume responsibility for the reseller’s client. All support requests must be made by the reseller on its client’s behalf for security purposes.
Resellers are also responsible for all content stored or transmitted under their reseller account and the actions of their clients. Bhosting will hold any reseller responsible for any of their client’s actions that violate the law or this Agreement.
(i) Bhosting is not responsible for the acts or omissions of our resellers. The reseller hereby agrees to indemnify Bhosting from and against any and all claims made by any User arising from the reseller’s acts or omissions.
(ii) Bhosting reserves the right to revise our Reseller Program at any time. Changes shall take effect when posted online or on any subsequent date as may be set forth by Bhosting.
Resellers in the Bhosting Reseller Program assume all responsibility for billing and technical support for each of the Users signed up by the reseller.
Shared (non-reseller accounts)
Shared accounts may not be used to resell web hosting to others. If you wish to resell hosting you must use a reseller account.
Support for Third Party services
Bhosting does not provide support for third party hosting related services, Staff may advise on third party installations. Our blog, knowledge base and other resources will contain detailed information on setting up third party software. Bhosting can however, provide these services at a fee.
Suspension of accounts
An account may be suspended with or without notice for the following reasons:
(i) Failure to renew an expired account
(ii) Illegal Activity (account will be deleted 3 months after suspension)
(iii) Violation of applicable law – Nigerian other jurisdictions that may apply.
Bhosting may terminate your access to the Services, in whole or in part, without notice in the event that:
(i) you fail to pay any fees due; i e If the account is not renewed up to 3 months post expiry, the account will be deleted.
(ii) you violate this Agreement;
(iii) your conduct may harm Bhosting or others or cause Bhosting or others to incur liability, as determined by Bhosting in our sole discretion; or
(iv) as otherwise specified in this Agreement. In such event, Bhosting shall not refund to you any fees paid in advance of such termination, and you shall be obligated to pay all fees and charges accrued prior to the effectiveness of such termination. Additionally, Bhosting may charge you for all fees due for the Services for the remaining portion of the then current term.
UPON TERMINATION OF THE SERVICES FOR ANY REASON, USER CONTENT, USER WEBSITES, AND OTHER DATA WILL BE DELETED.
Compliance with the Law
You agree to use services offered by Bhosting in a manner consistent with all applicable law. Accounts are subject to suspension with or without notice if investigated and found to be in contravention of the law, violation of trademark, copyright laws is abusive or used for illegal activity.
Limitation/Disclaimer of Liability
i) Bhosting does not represent or warrant that You will receive continual (100%) fail proof and uninterrupted service. In no event shall Bhosting be liable for damages resulting from or related to any failure or delay of Bhosting to provide service under this Agreement if such delays or failures are due to causes beyond Bhosting’s control, as defined by standard practices in the industry, except those caused by Bhosting’s negligence such failure or delay shall not constitute a default under this Agreement.
1.PROHIBITION ON REGISTRATION OF GEOGRAPHICAL (“GEO NAMES”)
Registration of Geographical names as domain names is now prohibited by the Nigeria Internet Registration Association (NIRA) effective 1st November, 2016 some examples of geonames as domain names are lagos.com.ng, ibadan.org.ng, ajeromi.ng. Bhosting will not be liable for loss, retrieval, deletion nor refund payments for such registrations where the domains are successfully registered.
2.DOCUMENTATION FOR CLOSED DOMAINS
Highlighted below are the requirements of some of NIRA’s Closed Domains
The .gov.ng SLD is a closed and limited only to the following – Governments at all levels and Ministries, Department and Parastatals at all levels as well.
Registrants in the .gov.ng SLD are required to be full government agencies and also have the approval of each tier of government. For Federal government registrations, applicants are expected to also obtain clearance from the federal government entity setup for such approval, and present same during registration. In this case Galaxy Backbone. Registrations for Federal MDAs are handled strictly by Galaxy Backbone and not NITDA. Registration Procedure – Contact Galaxy Backbone directly for registration. (The Managing Director, Galaxy Backbone 61, Adetokunbo Ademola Crescent Wuse2 Abuja)
b. State and Local Government
For State government registration, applicants are expected to also obtain clearance from the state government entity setup or designated for such approval, and present same during registration. For Local government registration, applicants are expected to attach a valid authorization from the local government, and present same during registration.
Registrations for State and Local Governments are approved by NITDA through Bhosting Documentation Requirement – Authorization Letter Registration Procedure Authorization Letter on the Agency’s Letterhead to be addressed to Nigeria Internet Registration Association (NIRA) 8, Funsho Williams Avenue, Iponri, Surulere, Lagos, Nigeria
The letter should state your authorization to register the domain on behalf of the Agency, stating clearly what the Agency is into, the domain they want to register and the nameservers of the domain. The letter should be scanned and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org It should also contain the details of the Point of Contact (from the Agency) as listed below: Position Contact Address, Phone Numbers, Postal Code Email On approval by NITDA, payment can then be made to our Account for the registration
The .edu.ng SLD is a closed one and reserved for ONLY tertiary academic institutions as approved and accredited by the relevant authorities like Nigerian Universities Commission (NUC), National Board for Technical Education (NBTE), NCCE and any other body as recognized by the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Documentation Requirement – Authorization Letter, Evidence of Accreditation
Registration Procedure Authorization Letter on the Institution’s Letterhead to be addressed to Nigeria Internet Registration Association (NIRA) 8, Funsho Williams Avenue, Iponri, Surulere, Lagos, Nigeria
The letter should state your authorization to register the domain on behalf of the Institution, the domain they want to register and the nameservers of the domain. The letter should be scanned and sent to email@example.com It should also contain the details of the Admin Point of Contact (from the Institution) as listed below:
- Contact Address,
- Phone Numbers,
- Postal Code
Universities – NUC Accreditation Letter
Polytechnics and Federal Colleges of Education – NBTE Accreditation Letter
On approval, payment can then be made to us for registration.
For more information on NIRA’s Domains Policies which are incorporated by reference. Please see below
NiRA General Registration Policy
NiRA Dispute Resolution Policy
NIRA Complaint Policy
NIRA Domain Names Policy
NG Domain Name Life Cycle Policy
NIRA Auction Process & Procedure
For more inquiries, send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
We are available 9:00am – 7:00pm on Mon – Fri
LIVE CHAT SUPPORT
We are available 9:00am – 7:00pm on Mon – Fri
We are available 24 x 7 on Mondays – Sundays